Preliminary Call for Papers
29th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications - DEXA 2018
September 3 - 6, 2018
Selected papers will be extended for a possible publication in the Springer journal Transactions of Large Scale Data and Knowledge Centered Systems (TLDKS)
Database, information, and knowledge systems have always been a core subject of computer science. The ever increasing need to distribute, exchange, and integrate data, information, and knowledge has added further importance to this subject. Advances in the field will help facilitate new avenues of communication, to proliferate interdisciplinary discovery, and to drive innovation and commercial opportunity. Since 1990, DEXA has been an annual international conference which showcases state-of-the-art research activities in database, information, and knowledge systems. DEXA provides a forum to present research results and to examine advanced applications in the field. The conference and its associated workshops offer an opportunity for developers, scientists, and users to extensively discuss requirements, problems, and solutions in database, information, and knowledge systems. DEXA 2018 will be held in Regensburg, Germany, from September 3-6, 2018.
DEXA 2018 invites research submissions on all topics related to database, information, and knowledge systems including, but not limited to the points in the list below. We also welcome survey papers, provided that the survey fills a void or goes beyond existing overview papers.
- Acquisition, Modeling, Management and Processing of Knowledge
- Authenticity, Privacy, Security, and Trust
- Availability, Reliability and Fault Tolerance
- Big Data Management and Analytics
- Consistency, Integrity, Quality of Data
- Constraint Modeling and Processing
- Cloud Computing and Database-as-a-Service
- Database Federation and Integration, Interoperability, Multi-Databases
- Data and Information Networks
- Data and Information Semantics
- Data Integration, Metadata Management, and Interoperability
- Data Structures and Data Management Algorithms
- Database and Information System Architecture and Performance
- Data Streams, and Sensor Data
- Data Warehousing
- Decision Support Systems and Their Applications
- Dependability, Reliability and Fault Tolerance
- Digital Libraries, and Multimedia Databases
- Distributed, Parallel, P2P, Grid, and Cloud Databases
- Graph Databases
- Incomplete and Uncertain Data
- Information Retrieval
- Information and Database Systems and Their Applications
- Mobile, Pervasive and Ubiquitous Data
- Modeling, Automation and Optimization of Processes
- NoSQL and NewSQL Databases
- Object, Object-Relational, and Deductive Databases
- Provenance of Data and Information
- Semantic Web and Ontologies
- Social Networks, Social Web, Graph, and Personal Information Management
- Statistical and Scientific Databases
- Temporal, Spatial, and High Dimensional Databases
- Query Processing and Transaction Management
- User Interfaces to Databases and Information Systems
- Visual Data Analytics, Data Mining, and Knowledge Discovery
- WWW and Databases, Web Services
- Workflow Management and Databases
- XML and Semi-structured Data
- Abdelkader Hameurlain, IRIT, Paul Sabatier University Toulouse, France
- Günther Pernul, University of Regensburg, Germany
- Roland R. Wagner, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
Conference Program Chairpersons:
- Hui Ma, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Sven Hartmann, Clausthal University of Technology, Germany
- Vladimir Marik, Czech Technical University, Czech Republic
- A Min Tjoa, Technical University of Vienna, Austria
- Roland R. Wagner, FAW, University of Linz, Austria
- Submission of abstracts: March 11, 2018
- Submission of full papers: March 18, 2018
- Notification of acceptance: May 18, 2018
- Camera-ready copies due: June 08, 2018
Paper Submission Details
Authors are invited to electronically submit original research contributions or experience reports in English.
- The submitted manuscript should closely reflect the final paper as it will appear in the Proceedings.
- The submitted manuscript must be submitted in pdf in LNCS format (http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html)
- The length of submitted manuscripts should not exceed 15 pages.
- Any submission that significantly exceeds length limits or deviates from formatting requirements may be rejected without review.
For paper registration and electronic submission see http://confdriver.ifs.tuwien.ac.at/dexa2018
Submitted papers will be carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of exposition.
Duplicate submissions are not allowed. Authors are expected to agree to the following terms: "I understand that the submission must not overlap substantially with any other paper that I am a co-author of or that is currently submitted elsewhere. Furthermore, previously published papers with any overlap are cited prominently in this submission."
Duplicate submissions will be rejected immediately without review. Questions about this policy or how it applies to your work should be directed to the PC-chairs.
All accepted conference papers will be published in a volume of "Lecture Notes in Computer Science" (LNCS) by Springer Verlag. DEXA reserves the right to accept papers only as short papers (up to 8 pages). Short papers describe interesting and innovative ideas which still require further technical development. Authors of all accepted papers must sign a Springer copyright release form. Papers are accepted with the understanding that at least one author will register for the conference to present the paper. Papers without any registered co-author will not be published.
Authors of selected papers presented at the conference will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers for publication in the Springer journal Transactions of Large Scale Data and Knowledge Centered Systems (TLDKS). The submitted extended versions will undergo a further review process.
For further inquiries, please contact the Conference Organisation Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)